Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need an alternate to install app, with no admin priveleges

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

cmthapar

cmthapar

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi I am using a company laptop and travel all the time. The company is coming down hard regarding the administrative rights and since they have been taken away. I can't install itunes update, flash player etc plugins in my web browsers and soon enough they are deleting itunes from my computer for good. Sick of it and can't fight it.

I also have a 250 GB external hard drive. I am thinking is it possible that I use my portable external drive and install firefox, itunes, songs etc on it and not have to worry about not having admin privileges. I am presuming it might require me to let the computer consider it as an internal hard drive.

Any sort of help would be highly appreciated!

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
If your company has placed restrictions on what you may install and run on your company PC, that restriction extends to any device you connect to the PC. If they are not allowing you to have iTunes and other applications, we will not help you figure out ways to get around those restrictions.