Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Internet Problems

• Please log in to reply

jeanie402000

jeanie402000

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I've been having problems with IE and a couple other internet programs for months. IE will not connect to LOTS of web pages. MSN Explorer will not connect at all. I normally use Mozilla, and don't have any problems with it but there are simply some pages that require IE. I have WINXP. Yes I have all 3 of the service packs. I DID have IE 7 but managed to uninstall it and downgraded to 6. I tried turning off windows firewall and still have this problem so I turned it back on. I've tried running msconfig and disabling all services and connecting on IE and still cannot get any pages to open. I'm wondering if its not one of the service packs doing it? I've tried unstalling 3 but it says a file is missing and will not. I've tried going into safe mode and it will not install. I've also opened the windows firewall and made sure that IE and msn explorer ARE in the exceptions list. Any suggestions or solutions would be deeply appreciated as there are certain pages on IE I really need to open.

Edited by jeanie402000, 12 March 2009 - 04:07 PM.

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
not sure if this will work with mozilla...it does with firefox...
get the extension IE TAB....here...after you install it ....relaunch firefox and then when you hit a page that won't work with firefox and needs IE...just right click on the tab and select ...switch rendering engines...

it may be flash or a javascript issue...
exactly what sites don't work anyway...cut and paste the links for us in your reply ...
e

Edited by happyrock, 13 March 2009 - 09:02 AM.

jeanie402000

jeanie402000

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks. I tried that. Still not connecting. And now, my sound card isn't working. Just happened when I uninstalled IE 7. No sound whatsoever. I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers. Not acknowleding it. I'll probably wind up putting the stupid thing in the shop.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts

it may be flash or a javascript issue...
exactly what sites don't work anyway...cut and paste the links for us in your reply ...

Edited by happyrock, 13 March 2009 - 03:32 PM.