Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Internet only lets me on certain sites

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I am having problems accessing any microsoft.com sites like the microsoft windows update, office updates, MSN Hotmail, but can access all other web sites.

[LEFTInternet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:
You are not connected to the Internet.
The website is encountering problems.
There might be a typing error in the address.

What you can try:
Diagnose Connection Problems ( tried this and found no problem)
More information

I just returned home from NC where all was fine but here at home in FL I have found my desktop and notebook are having the same issues. I have checked in the add/remove and ticked the show updates box and there are listed all security updates for 6/7/07 through 6/9/07.

My laptop just had a new hard drive installed 3 days ago in NC so I know that it isnt the problem and was told that while I was away that the past 3 days the "cannot display webpage" error has been happening. Both computers have IE7 browser and have been working fine up until now and no rhyme or reason as to why this would suddenly stop.

Would anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening? I have called my ISP and all checks out from that end as well as my equipment such as dsl modem and wireless router. I have also

I am able to receive my email using Microsoft Outlook email. This all just doesn't make sense.

Would appreciate any input anyone might have.

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
This is a malware issue, I moved your other topic to the Malware forum so lets fix the problem t here.