Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windows crash!

• Please log in to reply

Pikeman180

Pikeman180

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello everybody, hope someone can help.
My system will not work and has the followin message,
The following file is missing or corrupt: \windows\system32\config\system
I have put a windows cd in but when it asks for code it says it is not valid. My son set up the system, however, he is in the Falklands for the next two months and I think he might have used another disk by the sounds of it. I hardly use the computer myself, its mainly for my daughter to use for school work etc. Any suggestions would be greatfully accepted.
Thanks

Advertisements

wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts

I have put a windows cd in but when it asks for code it says it is not valid.

Hello Pikeman180

The error you are getting is rather simple to fix and requires a repair installation which I think you are in the process of doing. Please make sure you are putting the key in correctly and make sure you haven't made any errors at all as one little error can make all the difference.

Regards