Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help installing Props CMS

• Please log in to reply

bigchair

bigchair

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi! I've been trying to load Props CMS for a week and am getting nowhere. I think that I read and followed the installation directions correctly, but I have been unable to access the admin screen to get into the Props system. Even though I am reasonably familiar with XHTML and CSS I've never used PHP or a CMS and am not sure if my problem is with how I am installing the files or how I am editing the php. I am including an attachment with the installation instructions including my notes about what I did with each step. There are only five steps, but I thought that it was too long to post directly. I am hoping that between the provided directions and my notes, someone can tell me if I did interpret the directions correctly.

As an FYI, the original error I received on my first attempt to access the Props admin screen was:

Warning: require_once(../lib/common.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in …

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '../lib/common.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in …

I considered this error a substantial problem because the installation instructions do not state a need to go in and change index.php, or any other file except the config.php file. Based on the error message I went into the index.php file and changed the line from require_once('../lib/common.php');
to require_once('http://www.nhstyle.c.../lib/common.php'); which was the full path to the file. The fix corrected the original error but gave me a standard 404 error on my next attempt to bring up the admin screen.

I have tried the Props forum, but after sifting through several years worth of posts I've come to the conclusion that a.)nobody else has ever had this problem and b.)that there doesn't seem to be any activity other than my frustrated pleas for help so I am probably not going to get any help there.

So please, if you have any experience loading a cms and have the time and inclination to look at the directions and my notes, please look at the attached instructions and notes and see if you can tell me where I am going wrong.

Thanks!

3/16/09 ETA - It took some effort, but I finally found my errors. (There were a few.) First, I went back and moved the non-public_html files so they were just sitting in the non-public directory rather than the props directory I made for them. Second, I changed the path in the require_oncerequire_once('../lib/common.php'); to ('/home/nhstylec/lib/common.php') without the http:// - like I said, I have no knowledge of php. On to the next challenge.

Attached Files

Edited by bigchair, 16 March 2009 - 07:36 PM.

Advertisements