Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft windows updates

• Please log in to reply

brian1977

brian1977

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
Hi there i have just finished a topic in malware and got my computer all clean of viruses now. The problem i have now is that i keep getting the update icon appear in the system tray. I keep updating them which they say has been succesful but 2 minutes later it just appears again. 2 weeks ago i upgraded from service pack2 to service pack3 from some website. Im just hoping some kind person could help me with this problem. Many thanks in advance

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

2 weeks ago i upgraded from service pack2 to service pack3 from some website.

....uh which website?

brian1977

brian1977

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
I cant remember mate sorry

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
well...as a quick note...the only place where you can be sure that a microsoft update is ACTUALLY a microsoft update is the microsoft update page (hence it's existance)..

brian1977

brian1977

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
whats the best thing to do then mate? ive checked what updates i have downloaded and the same one is there loads

security update for microsoft xml core services 4.0 service pack 2 (kb954430)

brian1977

brian1977

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Sorry mate i just had a look at the microsoft website and it definately was there i downloaded the service pack 3 from

brian1977

brian1977

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Can any kind person help would really appreciate it

brian1977

brian1977

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
This is what the update is for it sounds pretty major

This security update resolves a privately reported vulnerability. The vulnerability could allow remote code execution if a user viewed a specially crafted Web page using Internet Explorer. The vulnerability could be exploited through attacks on Microsoft XML Core Services. Users whose accounts are configured to have fewer user rights on the system could be less impacted than users who operate with administrative user rights.