Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Two questions: removing router + comcast

• Please log in to reply

wallo

wallo

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I plan on doing a system restore to my computer. But before I do that I first wanted to get my router removed so I can directly connect to my cable modem and access the internet that way.

I forgot how to do this though, and the router had software installed on the computer as well which I thought might make it complicated.

Also, my ISP is Comcast. I remember when I first got it I had to install a bunch of things to get everything running properly, as well as authenticate my account. If I didn't there was this Comcast themed page completely blocking my internet access.

I'm concerned that when I do the system recovery I'll have to go through the same process, which I would like to avoid if necessary. I don't use their email or their anti-virus software that comes along with the installation.

Sorry for the length. Any help is appreciated, too.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
well...if you remove the access THEN do a system recovery (if you're talking about windows system restore...not a windows reinstall)...it would just put most of the stuff you removed back (kind of the point of system restore)