Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

svchost.exe application error

• Please log in to reply

Nocturnus

Nocturnus

• Pip
  • 7 posts
hello i need some help and i didnt know where to put this post i have 3 problems

i have windows xp pro SP3 on a Toshiba satellite laptop windows starts up fine but when i open a web browser or when aol IM opens itw news page i get a this window:
svchost.exe - application error
The instruction at "0x75606eb5 referenced memory at "0x00000008". The memory could not be "read".
click on OK to terminate the Program

I have tried the walkthrough going through services and dos but when i get to this part
" # Still at the command prompt,

type cd %windir% and press Enter
# In the opened folder, type the following command and press Enter to rename the SoftwareDistribution Folder

ren SoftwareDistribution SD_OLD"

It says "a duplicate file name exists, or the file cannot be found"
anyways i still cant get rid of the application error

the wireless zero configuration service and windows audio service even after i make sure they are set to start automatically occasionally when i start up they will be stopped

and the final problem i am having is mostly when i google search after i get the results and i click on a link it will redirect me to another site that doesn't pertain to my search and its also happening when i click on links on other web site ie. this one when i came to geekstogo.com i click on forums and it redirected me to a different site about movies.

Thank you
Noc

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
I suggest that you start a new topic in the Malware Removal - HiJackThis™ Logs Go Here area.

Before you post a log click on this link --> You Must Read This Before Posting A Hijackthis Log
this will give you a few preparations to make, as well as instruction for posting your Hijackthis log.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).