Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

serious problem

• Please log in to reply

aajansse

aajansse

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi everyboday,

I just made a very stupid fault. I opened a word document on my computer from the internet ( it was a mail from the site webmail.ugent.be)
so then i started to change the word document for about 4 hours, and constantly clicked on the "save" button. Afterwards i close word but i dont know where i saved it; i've looked everywhere and i think i just lost a lot of work:s

can someone help me??
thx!!

Edited by aajansse, 13 March 2009 - 04:54 PM.

Advertisements

PedroDaGR8

PedroDaGR8

• PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
Often files like these are saved in the internet files temp folder.

What OS are you running?

Also, what version of WORD is this? Typically, word keeps track of the last several documents that were opened in the File menu (or the open menu under the orb in 2007, I think). This should allow you to open it and save the file to where you WANT it to go.

aajansse

aajansse

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
i'm working with windows vista and its word 2007.
I've looked everywhere but cant find it, it was opened from the website webmail.ugent.be, i worked a couple of hours on it, and used the "save" button several times. but I cannot find it back:s

stupidhomer

stupidhomer

• PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
If you click the office orb in the corner, it should say on the right side: "Recent Documents" are you sure it isnt in there?

PedroDaGR8

PedroDaGR8

• PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
Follow what stupidhomer mentioned, then try the below.

If you are using Internet Explorer, try this folder: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\
WHere <username> is the username of your account on vista.

If you are using a different browser, please let me know which one.