Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New Stuff that I think is Cool!

• Please log in to reply

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
OR (you're going to hate me real quick)....you could get a BUNCH of old PC parts (boards etc)... and put them on the floor...then pour a 2 inch thick layer of acrylic over the boards to make a clear plastic floor with all the boards in it...and if you got REALLY fancy...before you poured the acrylic you could mount some LED's on the boards (or wire the ones that are on there up correctly) to a switch on the wall and whenever you turn your lights out the floor would light up

Advertisements

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
:) I think you and I should start a custom computer room remodeling business :) I can't wait to own a house to try things out on, it would be so fun I think.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
I think you all are weird. :)

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
*dsenette meks shure too maek as meny grammmer erors adn speelings mistokes as poesiblal to mek shari's hed asplodes

be gone! men folk are talking

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
I think Sari stalks me, she is always popping up in my threads :)

But I like it, keeps me in line :)

Sari, are you stalking me? :) You know if you are, I wouldn't blame you, I mean with my expertise advice and knowledge and all, who wouldn't want to read everything I put down :)

OK, back down to Earth now.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP

be gone! men folk are talking

Men? Where? I saw only boys in those posts.

Ferrari, I were stalking you, you would know it. :)

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts

Ferrari, I were stalking you, you would know it

Oh I just wait for the day :) :)

Edited by Ferrari, 23 March 2009 - 02:10 PM.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
You've got to get in line. :)

I actually was enjoying reading yours and dsenette's idea, but can never let an opportunity for saricasm (intentional spelling) slip by.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
maybe we should build sari a great artistic computer that would be the envy of everyone here....but make it so that the keyboard switches it's layout at random intervals so she can't type

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
And have a sign above the doorway that says, Compooter Rume. haha

And Sari, how far back in line am I? I figured with a Ferrari, I have to be towards the front.

(don't really have a Ferrari)

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP

And Sari, how far back in line am I?

Your join date is December 18, 2008. I figure that puts you about 200th in line - sorry!

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
:)

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
dsenette!!!

I think by accident I found some really good stuff on wikipedia when I was researching about pci express vs express 2.0. Here is the link for PCI External Cabling. Apparently it isn't something widely available and is somewhat of in the theoretical stage, or proto type stage. They said something about using Internal PCI Express cards for a desktop but hooked to a laptop. I just kind of read over real quick. Wikipedia said the original information is from 2004 I believe, but some things have been updated I'm sure.

Let me know what you think, I will try to read more about it if I find some time in a day or two. By the way, that is a great article about PCI Express if anyone should ask the difference or what PCIe actually is. Wikipedia is AWESOME!

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
I can say one thing if I even attempted to have a room like that my wife would not like it one bit.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
http://www.magma.com...box1/index.html blam! hehe that would take care of the graphix....dunno about any other internals...THOUGH most "internal" parts are now available in usb anyway (modems etc..)