Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Newly built machine fires up but will not boot

• Please log in to reply

maddhatter

maddhatter

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I started building a new machine last night with the following parts

HD 320G|WD 7K 16M SATA2 WD3200AAKS
MB ASROCK A780GXE/128M AM2+ 780G RT
PSU ROSEWILL | RP550V2-D-SL 550W RT
MEM 2Gx2|CORS TWIN2X4096-6400C5 R
CPU AMD|A64 X2 7750 2.7G AM2 R
CASE ROSEWILL|R220-P-BK RT

At this point i can power the machine on, the fans spins the hard drive spins, the lights go on but i can't get it to boot up and i cant turn it off by holding in the power button either. I walked through all of the steps from the post in this forum about building a new machine. The cpu is in properly, heatsink and fan are all set nice and tight. 20/4 pin adapter from the power supply is nice and tight, i disconnected everything from the mother board except for power led, and power sw and the connection to the power supply, i switched out the ram, removed a stick a ram, at this point im running out of things to disconnect. I also moved the cmos jumper over to 2 and 3. Still no luck, any help or suggestions anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated. All of the parts I'm using are brand new, took them out of the package last night when i started building. Thanks again for taking the time to even read this.

Advertisements