Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista Hard Disk Errors and Wireless Issues

• Please log in to reply

ryanjust

ryanjust

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey, I was wondering if anybody can tell me what is wrong with my laptop and how I can fix them....

Lenovo 3000 N200
Vista Home Premium 32bit
Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG

sfc won't run properly
when I click the network connection button in control panel I get ""The page will not load""
In rescue and recovery log:
"The Configuration of the AdminConnection TCP protocol in the SQL instance MSSMLBIZ is not valid"
"Faulting application AcSvc.exe version 4.4.2.5 timestamp 0x468c87e5 faulting module ntdll.dll"
"Faulting application nspect.exe ......faulting module kemel32.dll...."
"Faulting application logmon.exe ......faulting module logmon.exe...."
"Volume Shadow Copy Service error. Unexpected error querying for the IVssWriterCallback interface. This is often caused by incorrect security settings in either the writer or requestor process"
"Details:AddWin32ServicesFiles: Unable to back up image of service WinDefend since QueryServiceConfig APO failed. System Error: the system cannot find the file specified"
"The entry <C:\,##########\desktop\drivers\dpinst.exe> in the hash map cannot be updated. Context: application systemindex catalog details: A device attached to the system is not functioning"

Is seems like it's quite messed up! If anyone can at least try to help any of the problem...! Many thanks

Please ask for further info!

Ryan

Advertisements

ryanjust

ryanjust

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Oh, and ChkDsk isn't working - I tried a few things but every time it just said it would run at reboot - then fails to even acknowlegde this at reboot, no message or anything, and boots windows as normal