Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

computer in a loop, will not start up

• Please log in to reply

williamstabler

williamstabler

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I accidentally shut off my computer, and now when i try to restart it, it goes to the black screen that has the following options, restart windows normallly,
restart in safe mode, restart in last good command, yet everytime i click on any of these, it goes thru the loop again.
any suggestions.
thanks
wjs

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Now you will need to do a repair install of XP.

http://www.geekstogo...ws-XP-t138.html

It is the easist method of fixing your problem. You might lose your data but it is a very small chance of that.

SRX660

williamstabler

williamstabler

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
yea, i have the disk, but it says i will lose all data if i do that. its a recovery disk for windows

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Do not use a recovery disk. Instead use a regular microsoft XP CD. That way you do not lose any data unless something strange happens( it has happened to me once out of 12 repair install's). The worse that may happen is some proprietary programs( specific to that makers computers) may stop running.

SRX660