Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Getting a File of a CD...I think?

• Please log in to reply

Mikeiscoolest

Mikeiscoolest

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have purchased the Digitech GNX3000. For those of you don't know its a guitar rig which can be set up with USB to record. Along with it comes a CD with the Drivers, a software called X-Edit, and a software called Pro Tracks Plus.

When you put in the CD and it runs the installation you get to choose which portions of the CD you wish to install. The catch is the Driver portion is grayed out, therefor I cannot deselect it. When I click continue it proceeds to install the Drivers first. I get an error message and cannot get past this point. The error message is it can't find or install some file I'm not sure. If it's necessary for you helping me just tell me and I could reproduce it.

No big deal. I go to the Digitech website and install the drivers and X-Edit. As I understand, in order for me to record via USB I need to have the Pro Tracks Plus software. Since I cannot get past the driver portion of the CD, I cannot installl the software.

I hate torrents and refuse to get this software by limewire or something else hazardous to my computer. Is there any way I can retreive this software of the disk... (or anywhere else?) Or to those who are more knowledge-able about this speceific product...is there another way of recording?

Thank you

Mike

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Put the CD into the drive and hold down the left Shift key on the keyboard as the CD spins up. This will cancel out the autorun which launches the installation dialog. If this doesn't work, then just cancel the installation when it launches.

Open my computer and right-click on the CD drive and select open. Look through the folders for the driver. Most installation CDs will have a folder named Driver, but if not just look for the file you think is the driver, and drag it to your desktop. Try to install the driver from there. If you still get an error, post it here so we can look it over.

Sorry, I don't use this software, but I'll try to help you solve your problem.