Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

SEAGATE HD RECOVERY

• Please log in to reply

ashforbes

ashforbes

• Pip
  • 7 posts
My internal HD was infected with viruses and i believe i got most infected files off, some 42,000. Some could not be deleted it said so i told it to put them in a chest. I was using Avast. Now, after i got rid of the infected files apparently some were so important the computer doesnt operate now. I log onto XP and then it just logs me off and safe mode does nothing at all. Is their a command prompt i can open up and fix the OS or something?

Thanks.

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,307 posts
You will have to attempt a repair install. You need the XP cd and the key.

http://www.geekstogo...ws-XP-t138.html

ashforbes

ashforbes

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I dont have an XP CD. they sent me a Vista Business CD. Along with some Si thing. Not sure how to go about it. Also ive decided to format the HD. No viruses can only get into the hard drive or other place? Cause right now im scanning just the whole HD with Kasperksy