Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I'm building new gaming pc

• Please log in to reply

Pepc619

Pepc619

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hello everyone I am building a new computer for 800-900€ price.
I want that the new games will work great. Crysis, Gta IV and stuff like that :) I will overlock.

1 x (CPU) AMD Phenom II X4 940 BOX Black Edition - 220€ Gonna overclock
1 x (RAM) Kingston HyperX 4096MB 1066Mhz KIT cl5 - 80€
1 x (Motherboard) ASUS M3A78-T - AMD 790GX Chipset - 123€
2 x (Graphic card) Sapphire Radeon HD 4830 512MB Dual Slot - 190.00 € Gonna connect to CrossFireX and overclock
1 x (Hard drive) SATA2 WESTERN DIGITAL 500GB 16MB - WD5000AAKS - 60€
1 x (Casing) ANTEC Three Hundred - 57€
1 x (Power supply unit) Corsair TX 650W - 95€
1 x (DVD/RW) SATA2 Samsung SH-S223 - 24€

849€

I'm getting Sapphire Radeon HD 4830 in Crossfire mode because I readed OC tests and 4830 in Crossfire is much better than 4870 itself and is almost as good as 4870 in Crossfire and costs 40€ less.

Would you change anything in my build?

Also, If I will overclock, will I need better cooling for my Graphic card and CPU?

I also don't know what to take Future Power 750W Ultra Silent or Corsair TX 650W. Future Power 750W is 15€ cheaper.

Help! :)

Edited by Pepc619, 14 March 2009 - 02:12 PM.

Advertisements

ChevyManUSA

ChevyManUSA

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
Question which operating system were you planing on using? Note that 32-bit operating systems will not recognize those 4GB or ram.
Have you considered using Intel? I would recommend using a FSP (Fortron Source), SeaSonic or Zalman power supply.
As to the hard drive, not sure what supplier you are using but if offered I would highly suggest ordering the WD5001AALS this too is a 500GB HD, but offers a 32MB cache.

Regardless good luck with the build.

Hope this helps.

BTW, GTAIV is a hog when it comes to resources and requires a lot of video card memory to have a high draw distance with high settings.
My ASUS 4870 1GB DK with most settings on High and game will only draw to 35 out of a 100.

Pepc619

Pepc619

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Well they are not selling WD5001AALS in the shop i'm buying :) but there are Seagate discs at the same price with 32MB. Are Seagate discs worth buying?. I heard that the AMD Phenom II X4 955 is coming on 20th April with 3,2 ghz. I would like to get AMD instead of Intel because of the unlocking multiplier or however it is called... I will overclock :).
Do you think that new Phenom will cost a lot?

I will probably use Vista 64x or 32x. In the future Windows 7 if it gets out this year.

Edited by Pepc619, 21 March 2009 - 10:12 AM.

Nimwe

Nimwe

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Question which operating system were you planing on using? Note that 32-bit operating systems will not recognize those 4GB or ram.

More specifically, 32 bit versions of windows only recognize a total of 4096MB (4GB) of memory for the entire system. This includes video memory. 64 bit versions of windows recognize anywere from 8-128GB of memory, depending on which version you install. This is independent of what the motherboard will support.

I looked up the motherboard you want to use, it supports a max of 16GB of memory on the board. This most likely means a max of 2048MB (2GB) per slot, so you'll want to buy either 2 2GB or 4 1GB sticks of RAM.

The Phenom would cost less than a comparable Intel chip. On the other hand, Intel has been doing better on thermal managment lately.