Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windows wont install..................

• Please log in to reply

selva

selva

• PipPip
  • 81 posts
hi........

Our university has a tie up with microsoft and microsoft provides free os and other original softwares of it.......................

I downloaded winxp sp3 which was as a image file extracted it and burned it using nero..................But i think i did it wrong and its not installing at a restart loads few things and tells me to type commands at A:\ which usually denotes to floppy drives right.................

Should i rewrite it again on a seperate cd or is there anyway to run it by typing some dos commands.................pls help me out........................................

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,308 posts
If you already downloaded it as an iso file, you do not extract the file.

You burn the iso file to cd as an iso file.
I use and recommend Burncdcc (link in my signature). It is an easy program for burning iso file.

Here is a link to SP3.

http://www.softpedia...load-90001.html

selva

selva

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
Thank u for the sp3 link but i need to install the iso file provided by microsoft or else the key wont work i tried installing sp2 and then adding the sp3 patch then too the key dint work...................

if i burn it as an iso file onto a cd will it be detected when windows boots.................like press any key to boot from cd or so............or how to create such a cd using burncdcc or any burning softwares...................

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,308 posts
It should not matter what service pack you use. Provided by MS or downloaded. As long as the existing OS is already registered.
If you have SP 1 on the computer, you should be able to go right to SP3.
The computer should be functioning properly, such as no malware and virus's. There should be no known errors such as blue screens.

As for Burncdcc. Install the program, browse for the iso file, make sure the cd burner is the proper one selected.
Click start and the cd drawer will open. Just continue from there.

selva

selva

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
fine let me try it........................