Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

how do I access old emails from old adresses with OE6

• Please log in to reply

nethkhar

nethkhar

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
Hi,

Ok, I don't know if i'm just being stupid or what here. I recently changed my ISP, when the swap over happened I added a new account to OE for my new email and removed the old one since it no longer worked.

I now need to access my old emails that were sent to my old address and cannot, for the life of me, work out how to do it. Google searching has not helped, so I am either being really stupid or i can't do it.

Can someone please tell which it is.

Thank you

Nethie

** update **

As a side note I don't seem to have any kind of dbx files on my system at all. I've searched and got nothing. I haven't deleted any emails at all I've only ever compressed them. Please help I desperately need to get my old emails back.

Edited by nethkhar, 15 March 2009 - 05:34 AM.

Advertisements

Throoper

Throoper

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
Hi Nethie,

Was the old account set up in it's own Identity or did the mail come into the same Inbox with the mail from the new account?
If it was a separate Identity, the Message Store folder should still be on your hard drive.

DBX files are hidden, so you need to go into Tools>Folder Options>View tab>check "Show Hidden Files and Folders">OK.
When searching, include Hidden Files and folders in the advanced search options.

T.

nethkhar

nethkhar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
Hi,

Thanks for the reply, it has taken me a while but I found the files and, i'm hopefully about to unpack all the old emails from my old account. Just so you know, yes it was on a separate identity, which I deleted when I created my new identity for my new email. I didn't think to just edit my old one. Doh.

:)

Thank you again have a very nice day.

Nethie