Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windows Theme Error- Help!

• Please log in to reply

Claire-Marie

Claire-Marie

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hello,
I recently had a problem with Chkdsk, which I miraculously managed to solve by restarting the computer and letting the Chkdsk run from the blue screen.

However, now I can't change my Windows theme and/or background. When I try to change it, all I see is a blue screen (or a black screen, green screen, etc depending upon what color I choose). I've tried to set my pictures as a desktop background, but it's a no-go.

Also, when I click the start menu, my recently used programs area is completely blank & white. Where did all of my stuff go? This is really confusing..

In addition to all of that, I used to have the Windows XP Media Center theme for my computer, which changed my cursor to a rocket ship, but now it's back to the old plain-jane style cursor that comes with the computer.
What can I do to make my computer come back to what it was before?

Thanks in advance.

Claire-Marie

Attached Thumbnails

• Can__t_load.JPG
  • Where_is_my_stuff.JPG

Advertisements