Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Playstation 2 and Computer

• Please log in to reply

CompMaster

CompMaster

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello everyone, I need some help here. Ok, I want to hook up my playstation 2 to my computer to play. This is what my computer contains below:

P4 3.0 GHz HT
1GB of Ram
200GB of HDD
256MB GeForce FX 5700LE Graphics Card
XP Pro SP2

I know i need a video capture card, but i also would like to know if i can use another method to hook it up with the stuff i already have, and what software to use (Emulator?).

Thanks for the help in advance!

Advertisements

hudihoo

hudihoo

• PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
You need an all in wonder video card or one that accepts video in. That is the only way!

CompMaster

CompMaster

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
What about software wise?

hudihoo

hudihoo

• PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
the software that comes with the video card lets you hook up a dvd player or video game system. You need no additional software.

cpc197c

cpc197c

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Easiest and Cheapest way is to get a USB hookup video capture device. I own the USB 2.0 Dazzle Video Capture and it works great! Just make sure you get the 2.0 version to get the best quality.

CompMaster

CompMaster

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks for the help guys.