Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

connecting pc to tv

• Please log in to reply

Doug from Clifton park

Doug from Clifton park

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a 50" insignia plasma tv and an hp pavilion notebook with vista. I have been connecting my pc to tv via a s-video cable but do not get sound except from my pc. I would like to have a sound connection to my tv as well. my computer also has a vga port. My tv has hdmi, a port called rgb in (pc)/audio in (rgb/dvi), s video, and standard av inputs. What kind of cable do I need for the vga port and can I just connect it directly to my dvi port to get picture/sound?

Thanks in advance

Advertisements

Sam Rabiee

Sam Rabiee

• Pip
  • 3 posts

I have a 50" insignia plasma tv and an hp pavilion notebook with vista. I have been connecting my pc to tv via a s-video cable but do not get sound except from my pc. I would like to have a sound connection to my tv as well. my computer also has a vga port. My tv has hdmi, a port called rgb in (pc)/audio in (rgb/dvi), s video, and standard av inputs. What kind of cable do I need for the vga port and can I just connect it directly to my dvi port to get picture/sound?

Thanks in advance

I'm have barley any knowledge with PC to TV (Vice versa) but I know that on the back side of your PC there should be a VGA cable from your monitor to PC and around where the Cable connects to the PC you should have a small/medium sized, round hole where something should fit. If yuo have it your ready to go...I'm just trying to contribute as much as i can!

Atleast I hope you understand!

Regards Sam Rabiee. <3!

dan3411

dan3411

• PipPip
  • 89 posts
most modern tv have a VGA port on actually on them... inwhich case it is just of a VGA to VGA how ever this will not transmit the sound. why not try this?

http://www.accessori..._male_Cable.jpg