Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Possible Unknown Virus

• Please log in to reply

davidw1

davidw1

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
I would greately appreciate help with a problem: I have been unable to download files from any site on the internet for several days. When I try to do so, I usually receive only part of a file, after waiting several minutes. I often receive an error message: "NSIS Error. The installer you are trying to use is corrupted or incomplete. This could be the result of a damaged disk, a failed download or a virus." I have researched this over the internet, unstalled software that I installed before the problem started, tested and cleaned/defragmented the hard drive, and re-installed the latest Windows Installer from Microsoft. However, the problem continues. Note: I am running NOD32 Anti-virus, Online Armor in real-time, and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware in real time.) Besides the download problem, my system is running very, very slow. (I installed Online Armor and Firefox about 2 weeks ago and recently uninstalled those to see if it made a difference - but no joy). All that it is left it seems, is the strong possiblity that I have picked up a virus somehow. Please help!

Advertisements