Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

exe file

• Please log in to reply

vickierenee

vickierenee

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I was doing the virus scan and it come up that I had a virus (trojan horse exe.)well i tried to find it to fix it and i think i deleted an exe file. now i can get on the internet and microsoft outlook for my email but thats it. I can't open anything windows or microsoft. none of my short cuts work and i can't get my cd's to reinstall. i'm not a wiz at computers so i know when its time to ask for help. any ideas? please help!!!!!!!!!!! :tazz:

Advertisements

nestorey

nestorey

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
what do you mean by "I can't get my cd's to reinstall."?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Do you get anywhere if you boot the PC then right after the beep keep tapping the F8 key until you get options, choose last known good configuration then press enter. When you get to the desktop do the CD Drives run

thakid

thakid

• PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
the samething happened to me I need help too I tryed reinstalling windows did not work ;) :) :tazz: ;)

vickierenee

vickierenee

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
someone told me to put my windows xp reinstall into my drive then shut down and then turn on with it already in and start from scratch.seemed to work for me. thanks for trying to help.