Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Re-installing XP

• Please log in to reply

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
No, no, you have two other choices:
- Download this file by signing up for your free account
- Download this file by viewing a series of ads

Advertisements

capper

capper

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
It seems that I found the driver and I got my Sigma Tel Audio functioning once again! I truly appreciate your assistance Broni. In fact, I have no doubt that I will have several more questions in the very near future. I have to run out the door right now but I&ll be in touch again soon. Thanks again!

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Nice job :)

capper

capper

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
Now, I am struggling with another very important thing. Since I take my laptop with me almost everyday and I'm usually away from morning till night, I use the hibernation mode. Whenever I shut my laptop, it was setup to automatically hibernate. Then, it keeps it's battery power and very quickly re-starts when I open it (within 10 seconds or so). Since I just did the new installation, I can&t even find an option for hibernation! Obviously, I have not been able to locate and / or run all of the drivers.

I know you may direct me to some driver websites online (which I may have to buy or could be free). However, wouldn't it be easier to go to the website for my Panasonic machine (although Japanese) and download and install them from there? I really need to get the hibernation function ASAP.

I am currently using a Japanese keyboard that is functioning like an American one. I need to make that adjustment. I also need to activate the keys so that I can dim / brighten my screen and adjust the volume. 2 very handy functions. I am sure there are others but they aren't crossing my mind right now. If I can get everything working again, I'll be quite happy I reverted back to an English OS.

If you e-mail me to this address, I will respond directly.

THANKS.

[email protected]

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
If your wife can help you with Japanese translation, going to Panasonic web site would be your best option.
See, if the audio driver is the same, you installed.

capper

capper

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
I found the webpage with all the drivers for my PC. Here it is:

http://askpc.panason...tall/w5kw8.html

I downloaded them and unpacked them. It seems I already had them in my hard drive from my recent installation from the CD I had. However, a lot of them don't seem to want to run. I honestly don't know how to open / run them properly. I think this was the same problem I had last time. Could you advise me what to do? THANKS.

Edited by capper, 19 March 2009 - 08:37 AM.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
What particular drivers are giving you a problem?

capper

capper

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
It's really hard to explain. The folders / files are in different formats. I have no idea what to do with them. If you e-mail me to the address I listed, I could could reply and send you some of the files / folders. A majority of them don't seem to what to do anything but unpack. Do I need additonal programs (ie) winzip etc.? The drivers all have these strange names and I really don't know what they all stand for.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
I just emailed you.