Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot post or attach files IE6 and SBC yahoo browsers

• Please log in to reply

psiegel

psiegel

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello,
I was helped for a seriously infected computer less than a month ago. I have a dimension 2400 running win xp home edition. After my computer was put back in working order at the end of February I was unable to post or attach files.This problem was resolved when I installed an automatic update which (I believe) updated my browser from ie6 to ie7. Everything was working fine until I encountered a problem with my printer. I uninstalled the printer(HP 1310 PCS) through windows add/remove utility. When I tried to reinstall the program froze and my computer issued a blue screen. I could only log on in safe mode. I tried System Restore but it could not restore to any previous date. To resolve the problem I installed the back up I had created with ERUNT. It was then that I discovered that ie7 becomes inoperable when you install any back up or run system restore. So I uninstalled ie7 and I am back using ie6 complete with the problem of not being able to post or attach files. Sorry for the lengthy post. I also have defender pro as my anti virus protection and firewall.

I have internet explorer 6 and sbc yahoo browser, I get the same error message in each one - internet explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close - this happens whenever I try to attach a file or post a response in my online classes.

Advertisements