Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Virus/Malware infection plz help

• Please log in to reply

fidelc

fidelc

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My computer (not this one for obvious reasons) has just got a virus plz help am really desperate and look for answers ASAP.
SYMPTOMS: when i turn on my computer everything is fine until the welcome screen, where one usually put the password in, anyways my system ask for a password, which i have never put one, normally it just skips that phase and goes straight to desktop.... but now that i has a virus asks for a password but in reality there isnt cuz i just press enter and it logs on, after it says logging on and loads my current system setting for a brief period of time, it logs off again, not letting me at all get to desktop not even enough to see the desktop icons or anything,
when i try to log back in, it loads for like 2 seconds to log off again, i tried going to safe mode and the same thing happens.....

also when it asks for the passwords the screen is totally black, except for the form in which u put the password in along with the computers name.....

plz help me am desperate......
thx in advance

PD: plz tell me if you know either the type of virus this is or how to remove it or anything at all that might help me to better undertand what to do or what it is

i asked this same question on answers. yahoo. com, thats when some1 there told me that it is a w32tutor virus but i tried to research about trough google and nothing came up... so i doubt that virus even exists or is the one that i have

Edited by fidelc, 16 March 2009 - 03:55 PM.

Advertisements