Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

missing ROM , vista

• Please log in to reply

alter ego

alter ego

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey, my laptop is about 2 and half years old running vista home premium.
this is a link to the specs if required.
specs of laptop
recently i have been losing lots of ROM. i have used treesize to see if my computer has been getting the amount of rom wrong.
my computer is saying i have used 110 gb of ROM, while treesize is saying im using just 39GB.
Im finding my computer is messing up more and i have had a BSOD in the last few weeks.
i dont know if i just need to restore the system to factory settings? this is not really an option till i have finished at university in 8 weeks.
i have most of my files backed up on an external hard drive so most of it will be fine.
any advice apprieciated, thanks.

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
Well first of all it's not ROM as that refers to Read Only Memory... in other words it's not something that can be taking up as you cannot ( in general ) at to what is on ROM. Not sure what you actually seeing but it sounds like you are talking about hard drive space... That can vary alot depending on what is counting it so I couldn't tell you.... IF you are getting a lot of BSOD's I'd recommend telling us what error/errors you are getting so we can maybe help you out... They could be hardware related and they could be software....