Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Slow computer/Malware

• Please log in to reply

daniella

daniella

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I need a lot of help first off my computer is real slow.
The only way it will work is if i log on in safe mode.
When i log in under normal mode it won't do anything and when i plug in a camera or an usb port
it will go to a blue screen saying the "iq_less_or_equal" quote. The only recent hardware i have is my internet "comcast"
i don't know what the problem was, but i called Dell Support and they told me i have spyware on my computer.
So i downloaded AVG and it didn't show any virsuses. & I tried to download Malwarebytes and it would download
but it wouldn't never come up. Also this site sypware guard i think downloaded itself on my computer in December but i juss got a new operating system in feburary so i thought that it was gone, it doesn't pop up anyware but, if i do have sypware that's the only program i can think of. Sorry if im putting too much!

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
Hi daniella...welcome to Geeks To Go... :)
Please go to Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide...
HERE....

That will help you clean up 80 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty (and you may not be) follow the instructions start a new topic
here
post the OTListIt2 and Rooter logs ...
The "Topic Title" should contain the name of the infection that you are having a problem with...Use the "Topic Description" to include more details. This will help you get faster responses as some people are more familiar with certain infections....