Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Servers and Microsoft Outlook

• Please log in to reply

Solomon Jones

Solomon Jones

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey everyone. A friend referred me to this website, and said it may be useful for me. Here goes:

I am not too sure if this is possible, but is there a way to host a program onto a server? For example, say, Microsoft Outlook? Pretty much, this is what I want to do:

I want the guys from our business team in NY to be able to access the same contact list that the guys in LA do. On top of that, I want them both to be able to make additions to the list, edit the list etc. However, I want them to be overlooking the same list (usually at the same time), so we don't have to email contact lists back and forth every time we make a change to a contact to make sure everyone is updated.

I have thought of google contacts, though it isn't as thorough as we have used our Microsoft Outlook System. Looking for some advice and help. Hopefully I could host Microsoft Outlook onto a server, and just have everyone log into the same list. I am not sure if that is possible though.

thanks in advance

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Never used it or installed it, but this may be what you want: EXCHANGE SERVER 2007

Installing Microsoft Outlook on Exchange Server 2003

Solomon Jones

Solomon Jones

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you! I will look into this and follow up to let you know if it is what we are looking for. :)

--
www.myspace.com/soundthegroove