Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I would love some help

• Please log in to reply

Benjammin

Benjammin

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Allrighty, I am having a rather terrible issue, and i cant seem to find a fix anywhere so im actually posting my own topic (gasp)

I have a Asus P4C800 Deluxe mobo, with a 3.2 pentium 4 prossessor, the prossesor brand new, as is the mobo come to think of it, and nothing else is really important. Oh, and I have 2 PSU's right now, switching out does not solve the problem. Also, i tested the PSUs with a paper clip, seem to work fine, so i doubt its them. anyway, sorry, acutal problem.

I plug everything in, that being, the motherboard, power supply, speaker and power jumper, CPU and heatsink, and then, a hard drive or somthing. and thats it, outside the box, just on my matress. I flip the back, the mobo lead comes on, and i hit the power. The stupid blue power suply light flickers once, and all the fans jump just a little bit, then nothing. Mobo led is still on. I hit the power button agian, nothing. I have to turn off the back switch and then back on if i want it to even flash on for a second. The odd thing is, if i take off the 4 pin power suply to the mobo, you know the one by the heatsink, the fans will actually totally come on for a minute, as if its started.

Im really in a desprate situation, i supose my mobo crapped out on me and i need to get it replaced but if anyone has any ideas at all?

*yes, im aware of the earlyier thread

Advertisements

Benjammin

Benjammin

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Ignore me please i realized this was out of place and reposted in the other hardware sub forum