Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

iexplore.exe hogs my cpu

• Please log in to reply

soupathick

soupathick

• Pip
  • 9 posts
When I use the internet explorer application most of the time my computer is slowed down. :) In the task manager it shows that 100% of my cpu is in use and up to 97% of it is being used by iexplore.exe. :) I have begin to get started following the malware removal guide but im stuck at system restore :) since i get an error when trying to open the file that reads " The application failed to initalize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application." So im stuck here help anyone. :) :no:

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
go back to the malware removal guide and if you can't do 1 step do the next and if after completing as many steps as you can and you still are having the same problem start a new topic
here
post the OTListIt2 and Rooter logs ...
also tell them what steps you tried and failed and what the error messages said...