Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Wacked out dialog boxes, etc.

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello Everyone.

My laptop has started to show some really strange signs of a virus or so some sort of corruption. My dialog boxes are missing the text on their buttons. The selection boxes are sometimes HUGE. Often the dialog box itself is way to large or mis-shapen. Attached is an example. The dialog box is way to long vertically. Check boxes are missing text. The tabs at the top are stretched across the whole box. Never seen anything like this before.

In addition when I try to download software, whether from IE, FIREFOX, MSN, etc. After clicking on a link a dialog flashes on the screen and goes away.

Thanks in advance.

Attached Thumbnails

• dialogbox.jpg

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
Please go to Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide...

That will help you clean up 80 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty (and you may not be) follow the instructions start a new topic
post the OTListIt2 and Rooter logs ...
The "Topic Title" should contain the name of the infection that you are having a problem with...Use the "Topic Description" to include more details. This will help you get faster responses as some people are more familiar with certain infections....