Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

dual monitor problem

• Please log in to reply

sashak

sashak

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
I have HP Pavilion dv6233 laptop with Vista Home Premium SP1 on it. I used to watch video on my TV screen (10 years old Sony TV set) by connecting my laptop through S cable to the TV. One day I watched video and forgot to plug in my laptop to power outlet. When laptop battery run out computer shut off and since than when I connect laptop to TV I can not see anything on TV monitor. Looks like my computer recognized TV monitor – its resolution automatically changed. But I still can not see anything on the TV screen. I try to twig it through Windows Mobility Center. No luck. Any ideas? Please help.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
With laptop, you can only see one display, your laptop, or the TV. Check your manual to see what key combination you have to use to switch between outputs.

sashak

sashak

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
No with my laptop I used to see both laptop and TV screens, though there is an option when you can watch external monitor only. I tried key combination Fn+F4 which suppose to switch m,onitors - did not work.