ie7 started acting weird just when my antivirus software program stopped working. Anyway, here is a list of what I am experiencing that I can remember:
- google search results no longer display the "cached" link next to "similar pages"
- clicking on links either from google search results or not, takes me to other sites like "jump" for instance. or I get pop up windows.
- when I click on links, they open in new windows each time although I have it set to open in a new tab in the current window.
- I tried installing and running "malwarebytes," but had no such luck. Nothing happens after I click on the icon or try to run it as the administrator
- when I try to install "sophos auto update" it keeps giving me and error message "3059." It appears to be working and updating AV software, but control panel doesn't show that it is installed on the system.
- the AV icon is not displayed in the system tray
Any help is much appreciated, thank guys!