Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MSN Favorites to Firefox Bookmarks

• Please log in to reply

Bahgwan

Bahgwan

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I like the newer browser Firefox. I currently use MSN 9.10 and want to switch to Firefox. Is there a way to import/export the MSN Favorites to Firefox Bookmarks?

Advertisements

Seamey. T

Seamey. T

• PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
I'm running Firefox myself,try clicking on "File,Import" in Firefox an option box will pop up,take it from there.

Bahgwan

Bahgwan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Seamey:

Thanks for the reply. Import in FireFox only imports from IE not MSN.

Seamey. T

Seamey. T

• PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
Stupid me,sorry about that.

DeanofHC

DeanofHC

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
I don't use the MSN browser but I'm a Firefox user so I have a question for you. Do you know where MSN saves the bookmark file? You should be able to import it into Firefox using the "import from file" function. When running Firefox go to "Bookmarks" then "Manage Bookmarks", then "File" and "Import" (both in the new popup window). From there select "From File" and then find the file from there. Not having used MSN before I don't know where it saves to but once you figure that out you should be all set. Good luck and happy browsing.

cluelessdawson

cluelessdawson

• Pip
  • 1 posts
or just try out this incredible little gizmo:
http://www.bookmarkb.../download.shtml

bookmarkbudy...shareware, but fully enabled during trail ...simple fast req required..good luck

DeanofHC

DeanofHC

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Thanks for the tip cd.