Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HiJackThis log on Dell Latitude[RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Banshee

Banshee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Looks like I might have to give the computer up in an hour or two... typical. It's running a lot better. I should put parental controls on it before giving it back. :tazz:

Advertisements

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Basically done.

Go to Start->Run and type in regedit and hit OK. Go to File->Export and save the registry somewhere as a backup. While in the Registry Editor, navigate to the following (fix whatever applies, if it's not there just skip it):

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Monitors\ and delete ZepMon

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Print\Monitors\ and delete ZepMon

If any of the above registry keys are giving you problems deleting, right click on them and click on Permissions. Then click on the Advanced button. Make sure the first box (Inherit from parent...) is checked. Click OK and OK. Then try deleting the entry again. Once you're done, close the Registry Editor.

Restart and post one more FindIt's log.

Banshee

Banshee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Yeah... I have to give it back now. He'll have to live with it as is if anything was missed. Thanks for the help. It is running really good now! Hopefully I'll be able to do something for you.

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :tazz:

If your the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.