Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

svchost.exe-Application Error

• Please log in to reply

twinson

twinson

• Pip
  • 1 posts
svchost.exe - Application Error

The instruction at "0x75606eb5" referenced memory at "0x00000008". The memory could not be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the program"

I get this when I start up Windows. Also, the screen goes to classic mode. I scanned for viruses using Nod32, which is up to date, and can't find anything. When I try to use Windows Update I get redirected to a Google search page. I am able to get on the internet intermittantly tool bar at bottom of screen is white not blue anymore tried different fixes from other sites like turning off windows update and rebooting -Running windows XP Media center edition version 2002 service pack 3. Dell Inspiron I'm sending this on another computer

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
I suggest that you start a new topic in the Malware Removal - HiJackThis™ Logs Go Here area.

Before you post a log click on this link --> You Must Read This Before Posting A Hijackthis Log
this will give you a few preparations to make, as well as instruction for posting your Hijackthis log.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

Morning Thief

Morning Thief

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hi, dont mind me necro-ing this thread. but i've got the same problem. i couldn't find the threads for the HiJackThis Logs.
i've done various scans using different programs; Avast, Dr. Web, Malwarebytes, Avira, & it has not fixed the problem.

my second last resort is to use Combofix. however i read that it needs somebody with tech skills to help me with it.

i dont think i found any other thread pertaining to this problem using Combofix / Hijack This.

can i ask anyone to guide me through this process?

i know I'M the one asking for help for using Combofix. & not the typical way of having a techie advise me of this option. but i'v tried the various virus scans & this is my second last resort. the final being to reformat my computer.

thank you again. i will bookmark this page & hope to keep myself updated.

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Follow the steps in Broni's post

You shouldn't be running tools like ComboFix yourself.