Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Freezes

• Please log in to reply

Mechhead

Mechhead

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I have a HP Pavilion 510c 1.3Ghz processor,512Gb memory,40Gb hard drive. It was freezeing up when it warmed up. I found the cooling fan stopped up. I cleaned it out and every thing seemed fine. Yesterday I attempted to run a virus scan with Norton anti-virus program and each time I started the scan it would freeze. The only way to get it to do anything is to do a hard shut-down and start back up. Everything seemed to be fine until I would try the virus scan and there you go again it would freeze up. I'm about to pull my hair out so any help anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Mechhead

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Your best option is to get rid of Norton altogether.