Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Asrock MB short Slots

• Please log in to reply

Luckyjfl

Luckyjfl

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
I am using a new asrock motherboard 4CoreDuel-Sata2. Now I tried to install an ATI X1950 Pro Graphics card. It only went in so far, leaving about half of the copper plate out of the slot. I have been using this Graphics card for a little while but I keep have a pc freeze. Do you think it is the graphics cards inability to go all the way in to the MB, which is causing this to happen. Apart from that I am not sure just how to upgrade the bios, which was another thought in my mind. I would be interested to know what you Guys think about this problem.
Thank you so much.

Lucky

Asrock MB 4CoreDuel-Sata2
2 Gig Ram
Intel Pentium 3.00 GHz Duel
500 GIG Sata HD
WinVista

Advertisements

Luckyjfl

Luckyjfl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
Hi, I managed to get my Graphics card to fully install. However, I still am getting freezing of my pc. Not sure what to look at next.

Lucky

Luckyjfl

Luckyjfl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
Looks like I resolved this problem, myself. I bought a new heatsink and fan and installed them. At the moment, all is well.