Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Multiple viruses - Fasec [Trojan] , sysFader.exe, Rootkit and etc

• Please log in to reply

adai2020

adai2020

• PipPip
  • 66 posts
Hi,

Since there was not any reply to this topic, i tried to do whatever i could do to solve the problem that i was facing. I finally managed to get the Malwarebyte program to run. It detected a few Trojan's, viruses and Rootkits which were all successfully removed and quarantined. Now i am able to run my computer in the normal mode again. My computer does not freeze and all functions seem to work fine now. However, my computer is very slow now compared to before the attack of the virus. I think there is still something that can be done or problems to be solved. I am currently trying to speed up my computer back to its previous state. Things that i have done since my last post are as follows:

1) Ran Malwarebyte
2) Returned to normal windows mode
3) Downloaded CCleaner and fixed some registry issues
4) Downloaded JKDefrag and defragged my computer

Anything else that i can do to solve or to remove any remaining problems ? (There might still be some viruses left in my computer even after the clean up using Malwarebyte and avast anti virus program. Both Malwarebyte and avast anti virus program does not show any virus after i ran a thorough scan of my entire computer using both the programs.)

Thanks for any help that is provided.

Note: I removed my old logs as they might not be relevant anymore. I will post new logs if requested.

The following was my old post

When i start my computer in normal mode, my computer freezes after a short while. None of the buttons on the screen or that on the keyboard functions. However i am able to move my mouse but the mouse click on any button on the screen does not function. In simple terms, after a while, none of the function works on my computer and the computer screen freezes. The only thing i could do is to physically force the computer to shut down by pressing the shut down button. Every time i start my computer in normal mode, the same phenomena occurs after a while and i am forced to shut down my computer and restart.

I then discovered that my computer is able to run normally in 'Safe Mode'. I am now using my computer in 'Safe Mode' with networking.

I tried to follow the steps given in the Malware Removal Guide section. I was able to download the 'Malwarebytes Anti-Malware' in my safe mode. But i cannot get the program to run. Whenever i click to open the program, nothing happens.

For step two, i donwloaded the 'avast' anti virus program. I did a thorough scan in my safe mode. It detected a few viruses named something like 'HTML.j34...' . I moved the 3 or 4 such detected cases to the virus chest. I had then scheduled a boot scan by avast. During boot scan, avast detected multiple viruses and trojans. Among them were something called Fasec [Trojan] . None of these viruses or trojans detected during boot scan were able to be repaired. All these were detected from my 'Windows' folder. Hence i moved all of them into the virus chest.

I tried entering the normal windows mode after finishing the thorough scan by avast, but my computer still freezes and the problem persists.

Now I realized that the virus chest in avast when opened in safe mode of windows, shows error. The virus chest of avast just shows an error and no viruses or anything else. I guess the avast did not work properly in moving the infected folders to the virus chest.

For step three from Malware Removal guide, i tried to update my windows while i was in safe mode of windows. However i keep getting error and am unable to update my windows.

Hence, i feel that the problem is still not solved and now i am running my computer in safe mode. Hope you can help me.

Thanks for your help.

The end of my old post

Edited by adai2020, 22 March 2009 - 03:03 AM.

Advertisements