Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Monitor problem

• Please log in to reply

musntgrumble

musntgrumble

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
When i switch on my computer the monitor screen is barely visible. It gradually improves but this time
is now getting longer and longer (its a good hour or so before its usable).

To me it seems like i need a new monitor but before i go ahead and spend my money could this be
down to the graphics card?

i run Windows XP - and Radeon 9800 graphics card.

thanks

Advertisements

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
Hi mustntgrumble,

What I think would be best for you to do is go to a local computer shop (mom and pop type) and see if they have any used WORKING graphics cards/video adapters. Hopefully they can sell it to you for very cheap. Put the card in and see if the monitor has the same problem.

Or you can do this first, borrow a friends monitor and see if the monitor has the same problem. See what I'm getting at? This sort of trouble shooting should be able to tell you if it's the monitor or the card.

Give that a try, and good luck!