Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unibrain 1394 PC HELP!

• Please log in to reply

ReD-SpideR

ReD-SpideR

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I have a HP Personal Media drive (external Hard Drive that connects into the case via what looks like a USB port?) looks like a house.. maybe the old usb port shape? owell anyways..

It isnt being detected anymore, and recently i've had this messege to find a driver for, so im assuming during one of my last driver clean ups, i must of whiped out the needed drive for this.

This is the driver im looking for.
Posted Image

I cannot find it ANYWHERE! :)

im very distressed because this is my backup drive and as of late.. i cannot 'back up'.

and no, its not the ubcore drivers, they dont work, i get a msg about not having the hardware.

here are my system specs if its of any use (motherboard, system, ect.): System Info Link

Please help me resolve this.
I apologize if this is in the wrong section,

Thank you for your time.

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
the port you connect to is a firewire port...is it on the motherboard itself (would be next to all the other connectors) or
is it connected to a PCI card (much lower in the case)...
if it up high then try reinstalling your Southbridge Intel 82801FB (ICH6) rev. 03 chipset driver...go here