Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mcshield.exe

• Please log in to reply

Rcam2007

Rcam2007

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Okay, so I share my comp with other people and I try my best to keep it running smoothly, but now some thing is slowing my comp down so much that I can not run my virus scanners and find bugs that are hurting my comp, and its the Mcshield.exe thing. It runs at 100 CPU and makes my comp Freeze up and completely STOP! :) And now I had it! After running my virus scanner and seeing it freeze up in the first 40 secs, I need help having Mcshield.exe to stop, if not for temp, so I can get my scanner to find other bugs.

This is what I have done so far as to fixing it: Stoping the process. Results: Access is denied
... :)

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
This is part of McAfee Virus Scan. Mcshield.exe constantly monitors your computer's running processes...
try booting into safe mode and let McAfee Virus Scan your computer...
what other malware tools do you have...try running those in safe mode too...
you may have to use the add/remove programs in the control panel to uninstall McAfee and then reinstall it...it is a known resource hog though

Edited by happyrock, 21 March 2009 - 07:32 AM.