Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firefox ridiculously slow

• Please log in to reply

peyote

peyote

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
I have just formated my computer (about 5 days ago) and now firefox is so slow, it takes 5+ secs to load my home page (google) and takes ages to load new web pages. Sometimes it times out and sometimes it says "Done" in the bottom left corner and it's just a white empty screen. Before I re-formated my computer my fire fox was very fast and no problems at all. I think I was using SpyGaurd that was configered to stop spyware adjusting my setting and I think it blocked adverts and popups but I have forgot where to I downloaded it from and I remember a step by step on how to configure that I got from this forum about 1 year ago but I can't find it. Im using the plugin adblocker for fire fox and I am wondering it this could be the cause but it was quite slow even before I installed the plugin.

I also changed some settings in about:config to make fire fox faster using a step by step I found on here but still just as slow as before, when I changed the settings in about:config last year my firefox was atleast 8x faster but now it seems like it had no effect.

Please help !!!

Many thanks

Advertisements

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
Try reinstalling Firefox. Do other web browsers like IE still work at their normal speed?