Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

XP Start up issue

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I've been having some issues regarding pop ups and some sort of adware that keeps showing up in my tray. Earlier today, I shut my computer down and when I went to reboot, my background comes up with no icons, tray or anything. I've tried to reboot it several times but it keeps doing the same thing. I tried to control-alt-del the system and I got an error message saying that the Task Manager has been disabled by the administrator. I'm completely at a loss as to what to do from this point.

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
It is possible that you may have a Malware issue. Malware advice can only be given by Staff Members and such subjects can only be discussed in the Malware Forums. START HERE...and post a new topic stating your problems HERE (No where else). When you get a clean bill of health from the Malware Staff, if you are still having problems, come back to This topic. Someone will be more than happy to assist you.