Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP Start up issue

• Please log in to reply

Philman61

Philman61

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I've been having some issues regarding pop ups and some sort of adware that keeps showing up in my tray. Earlier today, I shut my computer down and when I went to reboot, my background comes up with no icons, tray or anything. I've tried to reboot it several times but it keeps doing the same thing. I tried to control-alt-del the system and I got an error message saying that the Task Manager has been disabled by the administrator. I'm completely at a loss as to what to do from this point.

Advertisements

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
It is possible that you may have a Malware issue. Malware advice can only be given by Staff Members and such subjects can only be discussed in the Malware Forums. START HERE...and post a new topic stating your problems HERE (No where else). When you get a clean bill of health from the Malware Staff, if you are still having problems, come back to This topic. Someone will be more than happy to assist you.