Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

hp laserjet 1100

• Please log in to reply

radiorunner

radiorunner

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
i was given an older hp laserjet 1100 (c4224a) & want to see if it works. it was manufactured in nov. 1998. went to hp website to find manual & everything i need to download to run driver but was overwhelmed by the website as there were way too many options to select.

any clue what I would need to select & download from their site to work on a laptop that is a dell latitude d800 operating on MS XP Professional Version 2002 SP2 ?

do you see any problem getting this older printer to work on the laptop? the printer does not have usb connection but it looks like the cord i have will fit in the back of the laptop & the back of the printer.

here are the links:
Download drivers & software:
http://h20000.www2.h...mp;swEnvOID=228

manuals:
http://h20000.www2.h...eriesId=25470#1

thanks geeks to go & community!

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
You can can just a driver only: HP LaserJet 1100/1100A PCL 5e Printer Driver, or a driver with some extra utilities: hp LaserJet 1100/1100A PCL 5e point and print bundle

radiorunner

radiorunner

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
thank you bruni, i will download onto laptop from hp site:
hp LaserJet 1100/1100A PCL 5e point and print bundle

do you see any problem getting this older printer to work on the laptop? the printer does not have usb connection but it looks like the cord i have will fit in the back of the laptop & the back of the printer.

thanks!

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
It looks like it uses regular serial cable. It won't hurt to try it.

radiorunner

radiorunner

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
thanks broni, will see if it works.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Let us know :)

radiorunner

radiorunner

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
hello broni & geeks to go. I downloaded the following from hp website when the printer was not connected to the laptop: hp LaserJet 1100/1100A PCL 5e point and print bundle. then i finally found the parallel cable from pc to printer & hooked it up & turned it on. tried to print test page, tried to print a document from pc but no luck. i don't get an error message on the pc.

the large green light comes on, then the green light to the right of it, then the yellow light to the right of that. This pattern repeats. Then I just get a blinking yellow light on the right. p. 40 of the manual tells me this means the "the printer is in an error state" & to check if printer door is closed, if toner cartridge is correctly installed, & check for any paper jams----all 3 look ok but still won't print. power cord & parallel cable look good. switched out & tried another power cord but same thing happened. when you first plug in, there is a start up sound & then quiet.

any ideas? thanks!

radiorunner

radiorunner

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
i forgot to mention in last post: i tried printing from lpt1 port & local port, i tried printing "spool print documents" & "print directly from the printer" under advanced printer tab, & neither worked. i tried printing in "ready" status & in "offline" status & neither worked. how do i get the printer back to "ready" status & out of offline status? thanks!

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts

tried to print test page, tried to print a document from pc but no luck

It looks like the printer itself is having some problems, if it doesn't want to print self-test page.
You may need new printer.

radiorunner

radiorunner

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
broni, any idea how i get the printer back to "ready" status & out of offline status?

would it make a difference if printer is set at lpt1 port & local port?

thanks!

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
As I said, the printer may be messed up.

st0ll3n

st0ll3n

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
radiorunner!

broni, the machine never wins. sounds like a feed problem... go through the machine and look for any paper. shut the machine all up... If it comes to ready(good state without blinking lights and all) and you try to print again, and it goes it again, but no paper is in the machine, pull the tray out and look for the pickup feed and separation tires(pads for sep most likely) clean them with a light soap, no alkihaul:) it dries out the rubber... and then try again.. also instead of printing to negate any computer driver or any other problems, I think you can hold down the button on the printer for 5 secs, or press it 5 times to get the config page, or test page... All the Hp's are different so I can't remember which is which.

post back. I have loads of info on printers/copiers