Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

My HP Pavilion dv6500 won't turn on! PLEASE HELP!

• Please log in to reply

mfmdo

mfmdo

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My laptop was perfectly fine when it suddenly went off.
I had it sitting on my desk and it was charging, when i went to get it it suddenly went off and now it will not turn back on. I have removed the battery, held the button down for 30 secs and nothing works.
I called HP support and since my warranty is done i cannot get any free support...
The lights go on for about 1/4 of a sec and then it goes off. I am desperate i've had this computer since november 2007 and never had any problems at all.
It was not overheated. And it was also fully charged! Please any help would be appreciated.
I am also wondering if reseting it (hoding the reset button for 15 seconds) will delete all of my files?! i really do not want this :)
PLEASE HELP ME I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO I AM GOING crazy :'(

Advertisements

espennorway

espennorway

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Im having the exactly same problem, had it yesterday! and the laptop wont go on, just shows the lights for 1/4 seconds and then wont go on.. please help!

Magglass

Magglass

• PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
Hello mfmdo,

I did find others who had the exact same problem as yours, their system was 6 months old.
Try this, remove the power supply, take the battery out of the PC, leave it out for one hour. Replace the battery. Turn back on.

Please post back and let me know the results.

I am also wondering if reseting it (hoding the reset button for 15 seconds) will delete all of my files?

No, it will not

Edited by Magglass, 27 March 2009 - 07:19 AM.

mfmdo

mfmdo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
i did the battery thing, and i even left it out for an entire day....but nothing happened.
i cant find the reset button, but my dad is getting someone to come look at it on wednsday...i think something its burnt, some people at my school that kinda know some stuff about computers told me that it might be one of the fans that is not working anymore, or either the motherboard or actually pc are ruined. I am really hoping is neither of those bc then ill be dead XS no computer until i can actually afford one:(
ill keep writing on here depending on what the guy that is coming to look at it will say.
i hope you guys fix your problem, i am pretty much giving up now its been a week already :S