Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

A mess that keeps getting bigger...

• Please log in to reply

kblue

kblue

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hi,

I'm hoping someone here can help me because the folks at lavasoft are running me in circles with nothing helping and things are getting worse instead of better. Here's the scoop...

In Dec, I purchased Adaware 2008. Also in Dec. I was infected by a TAI10 bug.. win32.trojanpws.mapping. I couldn't get rid of it. I'd scan, find it, delete it. After startup, it'd be back..over and over and over.

I posted to adware's hijack this forum and got no responses or help. After over a month I posted again, asking for help on removal. I was advised by another user to contact support via email since I had a license (was a paying customer). So I did. The tech from lavasoft told me to turn of SR, go into safe mode and rescan. I did.
Adware 2008 wouldn't delete the bugs (by this time I had 5 copies from it reinstalling itself via SR), but it would quarantine them.

However, when I tried to remove them from quarantine I got error messages that the bug would not delete. I posted again to the support forums for Adaware and again, my posts were ignored. Finally a helper responded and told me to email lavasoft and that person gave me a contact email.

A tech from lavasoft emailed back and told me to try and remove in safe mode. It didn't work there either.

Meanwhile, I've been updating the software successfully running scans and deleting basic low threat malware...and waiting for more suggestions to get rid of this nasty bug from quarantine. Eventually the tech responded and told me to go to the support forums. I reminded him or her that I had been sent to him FROM the support forums.

Today the tech told me to upgrade to Adaware AE but the download continues to fail and corrupt. In the midst of this frustration I decided to scan with 2008 and get rid of any recent minor bugs. When I opened Adaware 2008 I got a message that my defs were out of date, which is weird as I am set for auto update. The date of my last def update and scan is showing December 23rd all of a sudden!! It's eerily similar to the date I quarantined win32.trojanpws.mapping.

However, up until today I've been updating and running scans. I tried to update and now I get a continual message that the server is busy???? But what happened to everything since December 23rd...and why can't I download Adaware AE???

I am very worried. The continual existence of this nonremovable malware from my quarantine is slowly creating more and more trouble. Can someone please help me? I've been asking for assistance with this from Adaware since I got it and things just keep getting worse.

Everyone there keeps send me to someone else and it's going now been over 3 months since I have had trouble. I don't think the Adaware techs know what to do. I've sent them screen caps of the bug in their quaratine. They suggested 'manual removal' from quarantine but then don't tell me how to do it.

Please. Is there anyone here who can help me get rid of this thing once and for all before it wrecks my whole system?

Advertisements

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
Don't worry to much, you are about to be in real good hands,

It is possible that you may have a Malware issue. Malware advice can only be given by Staff Members and such subjects can only be discussed in the Malware Forums. START HERE...and post a new topic stating your problems HERE (No where else). When you get a clean bill of health from the Malware Staff, if you are still having problems, come back to This topic. Someone will be more than happy to assist you.

kblue

kblue

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hi!

Thanks so much for the reply. I also posted to another 'geek' forum as I wasn't sure who'd have the most time to help me out. I am in the process of sorting out this mess. If they are unsuccessful, I will follow your instructions and be posting again.

:)

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
Good Luck!