Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

problem with wireless internet connection

• Please log in to reply

tha dj

tha dj

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
Hi I'm Michel,

first of all thanks for your help.
I have a problem with my wireless connection to internet. the router is working just fine but the problem seems to be in my OS because each time I start the system or I reboot I have a message from sygate firewall saying that "System and Kernel NT" is trying to connect. I can say both allow or deny and the result is the same: my connection slows down.
even if the signal is maximum or very high I have a very slow connection.
Sometimes the "System and Kernel NT" doesn't pop-up and I have my normal speed but in these days I can't avoid it. it always start and I can't help it.

Do you know a solution or what could be the problem?

If useful:
I'm using Windows XP Home edition service pack 2 version 5.1.2600
my router is a "Hamlet router adsl2"

please ask for anything else. I'm not expert of this stuff as you may have noticed :)

thanks to everyone.

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
go here ...check your speed on at least 3 servers...write down results...now go [url="http://"%20<a%20href="http://www.dslreports.com/tweaks""%20target="_blank">http://www.dslreports.com/tweaks"</a>"]here[/url] and click on start button the tweak testerII..
you may have to scroll down to see it...after clicking on start ..when its done...it will take a few seconds..click on results and see if they have any recommendations for you...after doing recommendations recheck at speakeasy...

next thing to try is disable sygate firewall...how is your speed then..compare the speeds before you turned off the firewall and after..
have you updated and run your malware tools regularly ...

Edited by happyrock, 24 March 2009 - 06:55 PM.

tha dj

tha dj

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
Hi happyrock!
yeah the problem was sygate which for some reason was slowing me down. I didn't thought of it at first coz I had this problem just recently while I'm using sygate since way before, but now I switched to Comodo and I have my regular speed.

so thanks for helping :)

Michel

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
your welcome...and thanks for letting us know... :)